The European Commission has integrated its various educational and training initiatives under a single umbrella, the Lifelong Learning Programme. With a budget of nearly €7 billion for 2007 to 2013, the new programme replaces previous education, vocational training and e-Learning programmes, which ended in 2006.
Implementation of the Lifelong Learning Programme is divided into;
- centralised actions which are managed by the Educational, Audiovisual and Cultrue Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission
- decentralised actions which are managed by National Agencies in the participating countries
Icelandic National Agency
The Icelandic Lifelong Learning Programme National Agency is hosted by the Icelandic Centre for Research (Rannís) in accordance with an agreement between Rannís and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
In addition to being the National Agency for the Lifelong Learning Programme the Ministry of Education and Culture has also delegated the management of other European projects to Rannís:
- National Structure for Erasmus Mundus – Office of International Education
- Bologna Experts Team – Office of International Education
- European Centre for Modern Languages – Office of International Education
- Euroguidance Network – Research Liaison Office
- Europass – Research Liaison Office
Telephone: +354 525 4900
Adress: Rannís, Dunhaga 5, 107 Reykjavík